Émile-Auguste Chartier, commonly known as Alain was a French philosopher, journalist, and pacifist who was renamed Alain after its most famous student. He contributed to several journals and publications such as The Dreamer, 81 Chapters About The Spirit and Passions, About Happiness, Mars, and The Citizen Against Powers.
I agree with Alain that having only one idea, can lead to harmful consequences. Have a look around you, check out the newspapers, think politics and those sitting on top of our money. Making the decisions for us. We follow.
An idea is also a positive experience, resulting in positive change. With the same awareness, think about all those ideas that contributed to our developed, evolved nations. Our world is still exceptionally beautiful. A place of unity, love and curiosity but most of all a place where we get to share our precious moments. Precious moments with our children.
The power of one-on-one–time-a-day with each of your children. Children crave attention and connecting with them provides a sense of security, creates safety in their relationships and positions them in the family, resulting in improved behavior. This idea inspired me that I read from an online article.
Here are the steps you can take to create one-on-one–time-a-day with each of your children:
- Allocate 15 minutes of one-on-one time everyday.
- Spent uninterrupted time and focus on each child individually.
- Let your child choose the activities. This creates an in-control feeling and it allows space for creativity plus gives a sense of importance to your child.
- Be consistent as this is not a once off occurrence. Commit yourself to spending time with your children and your relationships will grow stronger, day-by-day.
- Your children’s time is high priority. Leave household chores or other commitments aside, nothing is more important than your children’s one-on-one time. Express this to your child as well 🙂
And lastly, have fun. They grow so quickly!