Being in good shape doesn’t necessarily mean you are healthy. Everyone wants to look good and turn heads. Some will do the extraordinary lengths to achieve this. Start dieting or start exercising is the most common way to build a better body. Today many also turn to aesthetic procedures to get that desired look.
What people should realise is that a good workout is not going to get them physically healthy and fit. They should rather maintain good health or first become physically fit.
To be physical fit means the ability to function effectively throughout the day and perform daily activities well. It only requires five factors:
1. Cardio-respiratory endurance
2. Muscular strength
3. Muscular endurance
4. Muscular flexibility
5. Body composition: ratio of body fat-to-lean muscle mass
Basically if you can go about your daily activities without feeling exhausted, you may be physically fit to start exercising! So now you are healthy to exercise, what next:
1. Get the right diet! Protein is key to building muscle. 50% protein, 30% fat (healthy ones! and 20% carbohydrates.
2. Pumping iron! Repair and rebuild your muscle (2 to 4 repetitions of 10 and you will see results within 3 months if practiced 3-4 times per week)
3. Be wise! Have a goal at the end of you training with a reward. Do it for yourself, it is your life and it is your body. One body in this lifetime: enjoy it and give it only the best.
A wise friend of mine told me: ”Bless your food, drink and everything you put into your body as it becomes one with you!’