During my travels in Thailand, I came across this wonderful article on cultivating a peaceful mind.
Its called: HAPPY ON THE GO!
1. Set aside time for exercise to lower your stress. Make it short, everyday with one day rest per week.
2. Allow yourself time for your favorite activities and hobbies. Listening to music, watching movies, reading, shopping, playing, etc.
3. Have a balanced, nutritious diet. Add more fruit and vegetables and cut down on the bread.
4. Ensure you have enough sleep! Try this: Sleep without an alarm clock for a few nights, and see how many hours your body craves. Once you are clear on the amount of hours, use that amount of hours to sleep every night!
5. Avoid coffee and tea that contain caffeine. Or cut down to at least to 1 cup a day in the morning only. You will enjoy it so much!
6. Take an afternoon nap! 15 to 20 minutes is all you need. Or just relax and feel your body become one with the chair or sofa, focussing on each part of your relaxed body (start with your feet and move upwards)
7. Give your office or home a makeover. Clean out unnecessary things. Your bedroom is your sanctuary. Keep things organized and neat. Your mind will follow!
8. Switch off! Turn off your phones, your emails, etc. Just knowing you are unreachable, gives you peace of mind.
9. Avoid stressful activities, people, environment, etc until you are strong enough.
If you have any more ideas, please feel free to comment 🙂